Sunday, August 18, 2013

First Day part 2 + Second Day in HK

Dear jumjum...

  Okay where was I? I left two little brothers at home (Z and Mark me cousin) and gained one here- my HK cousin Edwin. Honestly he's just like my brother. Computer computer all day, erryday!

  We went to St Theresa's Church today. It's a very old church that was renovated...



Old-school organ!


  Also, I just realised that HK has a cardinal! Cardinals are the ones who, when it's time to elect a new pope, gather and elect the next one from amongst themselves. I have never seen one in real life and I wanna meet him! (Msia tak ada) 

  After a yummy dimsum lunch, my HK uncle drove us to see the campus. He's been so nice and helpful since I landed. He said he doesn't want me to feel helpless and alone, as he did 30 years ago when he went to London to study. 

  So the campus is kinda on the outskirts, I think about half an hour's drive from Kowloon City. Which is good for me since this shopaholic would be slightly isolated from the big big malls! The campus has more tiles than I expected =S weird thing to say but I have this issue with tiles heh heh. But I guess it keeps the walls clean. But the view! Ohmahdays!! You can see the islands nearby and the yatchs and little boats sailing around. 





View from me dorm hall! Wish Cam is here to run with me =(

  I can see the sea from my dorm hall but I really dunno what I'll have to deal with if a typhoon comes..the waves =O unless I get a back room, where I'll have mountain view instead. Me no likey. Me likey infinity sea view. Didn't really get to walk around the main academic building because there was parking time limit, but definitely will explore when I move in on Wednesday.

  After that we went to a nearby erm...town? Called Sai Kung 西贡, where the Hongkies go to the islands for the beach by ferry or yatchs. 




Boats selling seafood. People yell down what they want, they kill it on the spot and clean it, then lift it up with a net on a pole to the buyer.

  Then we walked around Kowloon City for my dorm supplies. Got most of my toiletries. Apparently buying shampoo and stuff from the small convenience shops are slightly cheaper than buying them from supermarkets. Haven't been to the big malls though, probably do that tomorrow. 

  Went about all day in my long pants since church...so super uncomfortable!!! Not exactly hot, but super duper humid so it feels like it's hotter. Dad and I suspect that the humidity makes us both feel tired too. I don't remember who but someone from Kuching told me not to wear my my contact lenses here cause it's very dry. Whattheheck wrong info!

  But so far so good! Picked up quite a lot of Cantonese today! Proud of meself. =)

*atm*

No comments: