Friday, June 21, 2013

Farewell, Raphael!

Dear jumjum...

  This morning we'll be bidding farewell to one of our own, my son the prince, Mr Raphael Chen the Singaporean. 

  I still remember the first day he came to Lodge, a few days after classes had already started, and he asked me to lend him my maths book to copy the notes. I must say, if I knew then what a little math genius you were, I probably wouldn't have lent it to you xD That day during break that little boy started talking to me and asking me about us Kuchingites and only then I realised how lonely he must have felt, alone in this little city, with all of us more or less already formed into little groups. 

  Somehow he joined our little clique, going out daily for lunch with us and such. And I think my fondest memory of you will always be the time we went to Bako National Park and you made a comment that confused me and I asked you somewhat unbelievingly, "Raphael, you DO know Bako is a natural park and not man-made?!" and he was all, WHAT? REALLY?? LOL!!!

  I just wanna say, Raphael, that you really are one of us now, and oh yeah! I wanna thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us out so much with all our maths problems, especially during exam time =) HAVE FUN IN NS ahaha. We're definitely gonna miss you, kid!





*atm*

No comments: