Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2012-2013 Highlights!

Dear jumjum...

  The A-Levels era wasn't the best era (post-PMR was), but in my opinion, it was the period of time where we got to do the most things...

  Since most of us had our own cars already, we could do all the outrageous stuff our parents probably wouldn't wanna do or fetch us to do, like going to the opening of Plaza Merdeka, first day of Kuching Festival, Sung Ha Jung performance at the airport, going to Friendship Park on Lantern Festival, Hitz Birthday Invasion...

  Permai Camp. I honestly never fully participated in an overnight camp before, so this was pretty fun for me, even though I fell and hurt my knees AGAIN on the FIRST DAY. The most memorable event of the camp was of course Jethro lighting the campfire and burning himself xD His leg hairs were all burnt and his fringe looked pretty funky too...




  All the school trips...Sarawak Biodiversity Centre, the Orang Utan place (whatsitcalled?), UNIMAS, and Bako National Park.






  First job tutoring the Tham kids. Certainly an experience for me...got quite annoyed at them sometimes but it was okay overall, although his UPSR results weren't as good as he was supposed to get..

  Interning as Bio teacher at KHS for a week. Seriously seriously enjoyed it...although I was so used to the air-conditioning at Lodge I was sweating buckets everyday. Was really fun going back to my old school and seeing all my old teachers and juniors. The only regret I have is not taking any pictures!! Arghhh.

   Ele had a coupon or something for a free one-night stay so we had a sleepover with the Lenians at Merdeka Palace! Freda and I shared a bed, Cam and Ele the other. We were supposed to stay up all night but Cam and Ele (pigs!) fell asleep halfway through a movie >:\ The next morning they were trying to get us up but we didn't want to, so there was a whole lot of tugging blankets and grunting and pillow fighting going on... After breakfast we went swimming then ended up sitting in the baby pool just talking =)



  Singapore trip! This was the first time I ever travelled without family, going to Singapore to visit Joshua together with Camellia and Kah Sing, and also meeting up with Daryl and Edric. It was great being the master of ourselves for once, for instance going back to Josh's place at 3am and not having to answer to Mummy. The worst part of the trip though, was water! Josh didn't have drinkable water at his place and I'm an aquaholic so I was constantly having to look out for pharmacies and supermarkets and lugging around big bottles of water. Big thanks to Josh for lodging and
bringing us around and worrying about us worse a parent xD



*atm*

  

No comments: