Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's Officially Been A Month!

Dear jumjum...

 It's officially been a month since I left Kuching woooooo! It doesn't feel like it's been that long though. I feel like I've exceeded the personal expectation of my adaptation ability. And honestly, other than that time we had the dealing-with-homesickness talk, I haven't really felt homesick at all =D But I know that I have it much easier than most people- thank God I have my aunt, uncle and cousin here, so whenever I want to escape the campus life and indulge in some home cooked food, I just hop on a bus and go. Also, as I have been saying before I left, in this day and age we don't really have much to complain about in terms of distance from our loved ones anymore. Mummy spams my Whatsapp with daily updates! =)


  All that aside, here are 5 things I do miss about Kuching:


5. Doing Pilates on my bedroom floor. I hate exercising in front of other people! And I don't have that privacy here. It's not so much the exercise that I miss, but the chance to exercise (because indeed, I have put on weight and would love to have the chance to gam fei right now) But that won't be a problem soon- starting next week we have our compulsory weekly fitness class and I got enrolled into Pilates 101. I just hope it's in a close room and a females-only class!!!


4. Cheap food. I hate to admit this, but even until now before paying for each meal I convert the price to MYR down to the last cent. I don't really miss Laksa, Kueh Chap or Kolomee,  although I was craving for Bak Kut Teh that night, which is weird because we don't even get nice ones in Kuching.


3. Mummy's cooking. I can't stand eating out all the time so I have a mini electric cooker here, but no way I can whip up fancy dishes on that tiny thing! I've started memorizing and comparing grocery prices between supermarkets, convenience stores and wet markets, just like my mummy! 


2. My baby brother. He's a moody young lad now in his teens who doesn't like to chat with his sister so I don't get any real updates from him, unlike my other family members...


1. DRIVING MY BABY HYUNDAI WJW!!!!! The public transport here is great and all but I love having my wheels!!! I even had a full dream all about driving the other night.You know, most times I purposely sit in the front part of the bus just because it's the closet I can get to driving here ='( The first thing I want to do when I go back is to bring my baby out for a spin, cutting in front of cars, honking the slow pokes, challenging my reverse and side parking skills......


  Oh yes, on a side note- Kuching is a small place with small malls and limited shopping options. So whenever I go on holiday to any other big city, I go a bit crazy and I have this...feeling of urgency in my shopping. (oh-no-we're-leaving-in-two-days-I-need-to-buy-this-while-I've-still-got-the-chance!) And I think after a month here, where shopping is regarded as everyone's hobby, I can safely say that I am cured. When I get the urgent need to purchase, I'm like, 'Jacq chill. You're staying here for the next four years!'


*atm*


No comments: