Sunday, July 14, 2013

The No-reason Potluck

Dear jumjum...

  So last Thursday I had a potluck at my house. For no reason. =) And I actually never held any party at my house before...make that no party wherever. Never had a birthday party or anything. I mean like the really party ones. Not just lunch or dinner. Because I've always felt that they're weird. Where the heck am I going with this?!

  Okay sorry back to the topic. I felt compelled to vacuum and mop the whole house before the party even though I just did half a week ago...I guess I get that from my mum. Went to cold storage and unaco and some DIY shop to get the stuff in the morning and had my afternoon preps and baking schedule planned out (yes, I am very last minute), but it was all messed up by the arrival of the gate repairman. =S It was my first time working with pastry other than cakes, so yep, certainly an experience for me. Never knew that dough was so hard to knead. Made two batches so I could taste-try first before serving. Thank goodness I managed to get it done and it wasn't a complete failure, even though it did look like a horse shoe/ neck pillow.




  Big thanks to Suki and Kah Sing for coming early to help me out preparing the salad! =) I was initially very worried that we didn't have enough to eat but luckily there was and also lots leftover. We didn't take any pictures of the food though.. Suki brought oreo cheesecake, Kah Sing brought homemade jelly, Chris fruits, Lionel satay, Cam a huge vat of ice cream, Chia Yi mashed potatoes, Pik Ai brought egg tarts and surprised us with Ah Kua, Freda made spaghetti. 











  I realised that I become positively mute when I'm in a large crowd. =S Previously I thought it was because I was shy, but even though they were all my closest friends, I didn't talk much during dinner. Although I did enjoy myself just listening to their nonsense! =D Then we watched Mulan and by the time it finished, there was only Cam, Lionel and Chris left, so we proceeded to my room to chill and talk. And only then was I talking nineteen to the dozen. I'm so weird.



*atm*

No comments: