Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Impromptu Adventure

Dear jumjum…

  My dad declared Sunday as ‘Independence Day!!!’ (yes, say it like that- with the exclamation in your tone =D )  because mummy wasn’t around to object to any random ideas he had in mind. So after church and lunch, my dad decided that we (dad, Z and I) should go on an impromptu trip to Ranchang Pool.

  When we were halfway there only did I realize that I was the only one who brought food. =.= Gah! Typical men. Due to the misleading road signs, we turned off at the wrong exit and ended up on a long road going through Kampung Slabi. Yes, SLABI! It sounded to us like some name off Star Wars or something. We were laughing our butts off and making very bad jokes about the Slabians! (as we called them) It was a pretty nice drive because the roads there were narrow and wind-y and hilly, so it was like going on a slow roller coaster.




We found this turn off that looked really interesting so we stopped the car and continued on foot to find out where it led. I had this theory that it was a secret governmental headquarters hehe…







Bro taking a shortcut- through the drain!




  
  Turns out it was just a (we guess) big water storage area. But it was pretty nice hike up and the view at the top was nice too. I was personally very happy that we got to force dad to exercise. At the same time I was kinda worried that he couldn’t take it because he doesn’t exercise very often and he forgot to bring his meds back to Kuching with him! So I was shielding him with my umbrella..it was a pretty hot day.









  And yes, being Jacq Aw, I did fall down- it happens to me so often that I was actually anticipating it. LOL. So did my dad- right before I fell he warned me to be careful. I slipped on some loose pebbles on the way down and landed on my bum. Thank goodness I was wearing long black tights and only sustained some bruises..

  We finally found our way to Ranchang Pool and my dad spotted a huge ‘X’ on this rock in the middle of the pool and he said it probably marked buried treasure. LOL!

  I'm pretty sure mum would flip if she knew how we spent last Sunday...... ;-)


















*atm*

No comments: