Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Meh.

Dear jumjum...

  These few days have been pretty hot, and so I don't have the heart to do much at all. My to-do list is ever-growing but I don't really care. Other than tutoring and church, I havn't been out much and am suffering from cabin fever. The problem is, I'm don't even feel like dragging myself out =S

  Anyway I realised I've been cooking a lot since the end of exams- cooked breakfast throughout our stay in Bangkok, then when I came back my mum left for KL so I was on kitchen duty, when my mum came back her hands started peeling really bad (it seems like an annual thing- same thing last year) so I had to cook AND clean. I must say, I think my culinary skills have improved a lot =) I usually cook three dishes for dinner- one following my mum's usual cooking style, one following a new recipe online, one freestyle where I let my imagination take over- and the last one usually ends in a disaster, except for this: 


(before steaming)


  I marinated the fish (don't ask me what fish that is I have no idea) with 花雕酒, cut up some ginger and tumeric slices, sprinkled it with this lemon-y herb infusion someone brought back from Thailand, and wrapped it in tumeric leaves to steam. I know those are very standard ingredients for steamed fish but I combo-ed it myself and  IT TASTES SO GOOD and I'm very proud!

  Also, my old guitar teacher contacted me out of the blue and I arranged for temporary lessons starting tonight since I kinda forgot the fingering for the last song. I've stopped my lessons about a year ago (to focus on A Levels) and to be honest, I havn't really practised much as of late. I'm so doomed. He's gonna laugh at me for sure...

*atm*

No comments: