Sunday, July 7, 2013

Clearing my room


Dear jumjum…

  On Wednesday I finally worked up the guts to clear my room! And it took me 3 days and 2 nights due to my indecisiveness (to keep or to throw?) and because I was reading through my old books and notes and scripts and bringing stuff to Val and starting "Do you remember.." conversations. And I ended up throwing away four huge plastic bags of junk and a boot full of stuff to recycle. No joke. I nearly gave up halfway but I couldn’t procrastinate and leave my room in that mess since my BunnyWoman was coming for a sleepover on Friday (next post) and I didn’t want her to sleep in my jungle of a room.

  Granted, some of it were books and A Level papers that I eventually cleared away but I seriously kept way too much stuff that my mum calls ‘nonsense’  and it’s because I’m too sentimental and feel the urge to hold on to anything that relates to a memory…  So Val suggested I take a picture of anything I wanna remember and just throw it away, which makes sense so I did and I’m very proud to say that my room is clutter-free now! Woohoo! Every time I enter my room now I feel a sense of accomplishment! =)

  And of course I didn’t throw ALL the sentimental stuff away- that would be ridiculous! *wink wink* I do have some really random and cute stuff from my past that I might blog about in another post. Oh yes I started having some sort of flu and a runny nose halfway through clearing, and I expected that it would go away after I wiped and sunned my drawers and vacuumed and mopped the whole place, but apparently the flu’s here to stay. =( Suki says I might’ve inhaled some allergens..dam.


 The mess after emptying the first two drawers...


 I like keeping angpaos! They serve as great bookmarks and puts me in a good mood...



Some of the stuff I threw-


 My old DIY windchime (the chimes broke off)


My Seiko watch box! Had to throw this too cause it got mouldy..I remember my mum waking me up and putting this brand-new watch box on my bed! Speaking of which, I need to save $ and get that watch fixed...after all these years I still think that it's the nicest watch ever!

 My first watch. I think I was 3 or 4. The strap was literally rotting in my hands..

First handbag? LOL Gifted by one of the aunties.


*atm*

No comments: