Thursday, April 24, 2014

Know Yourself

Dear jumjum...

  FB has been all abuzz with this new...err..test? that helps you find out your work-related personality and motivations. https://www.talentoday.com Everybody has been sharing their results. Lemme tell you, the list of questions are LONG. I nearly gave up halfway. And I think while taking the test and seeing your own preferences, you can already get a rough affirmation of who you think you are.


  I work best under competition and stress! Any so does my neighbour, so she's been coming over to my (half empty since my illegal roommate has been found out and evicted) room to study together.



Real time picture!


  I always knew I wasn't much of a leader so that doesn't bother me much. But especially this term, I've been feeling very frustrated with myself for being overly self-conscious. It has been affecting my ability to speak in public, I get too distracted about how I am perceived and do not focus on the topic at hand. It has even been holding me back during soccer practice! I know I'm a new member and I suck compared to the others, but my constantly thinking about it and fear of embarrassment has made my performance even poorer since I don't go all out and get the ball! 


  I also don't like asking questions in class or emailing professors to request something because I feel like I'm putting myself out there. When I have to, I usually put it off til the last minute. And that is one of the reasons why I volunteered to be secretary for this year's iGEM, since I have to send emails to my peers, seniors, advisors and professor on a regular basis. It also forces me to take the initiative and communicate with the senior members. (I never ever dared talked to them before this) When I first started out I was very wary of sending emails, checking them multiple times before having the courage to click 'send', but I think I'm getting over it =) Have an important solo presentation on Monday which will be graded- planning to forget about all the smarty-pants who will be present and kill it!







*atm*

No comments: