Saturday, August 30, 2014

End of Summer Term

Dear jumjum...

  I can't believe 3 months past me by just like that!!! Had the last full-day lab today before classes start next week. Kinda 舍不得, I'd rather work in the lab than attend lectures and take exams again...

  Ele arrived in HK last week! A little surreal having a Lenian here with me. It's kinda weird how normal and natural it feels to have her here though. We spent Sunday together, helping HJ move halls, then had late ramen lunch at this place I've wanted to go for ages. 










  After that we headed to Ikea (Ele has never been and I've never been to one in HK). So different from the one in KL. The place was really really small with low ceilings, and for some reason the locals here seem to hang out at Ikea like it's a recreational park. There were teenagers sitting in a ''bedroom'' chatting away, old men reading newspapers on the couches and girls just chilling out on the beds. We braved the long queue at the cafe and had some meatballs and chicken wings.





More food! Frozen yoghurt at Smile.


We hung out at Times Square and went back to Kowloon side on the Star Ferry. Brought her for reaaaally late Korean dinner at Tsim Sha Tsui.

  So I finally moved into the infamous Hall V! I was really upset about it but you know, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. As long as I have a roof over my head. I really don't like discolored/stained walls and peeling-off paint, so I covered most of my part of the room with colored paper. The most essential part was the bed frame which was once white but had since turned yellowish.  HJ knew that I find it hard to sleep the first night in a new place, so she very kindly came over and spent the night to keep me company since Melody (current roommate) wasn't going to come back until the 2nd night. 


  Slope up to Hall V. For some reason Google backup likes to automatically beautify some of the pictures I take...



My side of the room just looks super blue now xD


 

 View from the window.

So this is home for the next academic year!

*atm*













  

1 comment:

potatotato said...

you don't have a "side" of the room, Jum, just bottom or top. lol