Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another Weekend


Dear jumjum...

  Friday was Rinaldi's birthday, we celebrated at seafront then about 12 of us iGEMers went to watch Lucy. Ohmahdays. The front part was pretty cool, but at the end we were all sitting there like wth did we just watch?! I think I lost some brain cells by watching that movie. Throughout the rest of the night we were making Lucy puns and jokes...

  We hung out for a bit at the mall- went into this arcade place and was very surprised to see more old people than youngsters. They looked like arcade old timers too. I know the Jockey Club is prominent in HK but I didn't expect to see an electronic horse race betting machine in the arcade! Very interesting..


  Saturday was my alone time; after the morning meeting I headed to Langham Place in Mongkok. I've been thinking of starting to use eye creams; cause apparently the eye area shows wrinkles first and we should start caring for it early. Chose to go to Langham Place cause they have almost every skincare brand available in HK there. Decided to go with Clinique after doing some online research. 

  When I was young, my mum used to use Clinique products- I loved to go to the bathroom and just read all the labels and smell the products; to me using Clinique was always such a grown-up thing to do; so buying my first Clinique product was kind of a sentimental milestone! Love the packaging too. Simple and clean.

  I actually didn't buy anything from H&M for once! (About 50% of my wardrobe is H&M...) Wondered into this shop called Monki because they were on sale. Kinda funky place- the fitting room has mirrors on all sides. Tried on a denim jacket (have always wanted one but I don't see any suitable occasion to justify buying it). I did pick up a t-shirt that reminded me of my blog =)

  Also picked up some stuff for the new dorm room in the notorious Hall V I'll be moving into end of this month. It's depressing but I'm gonna do the best I can and make the best of it!





  These few days I've come to know different people's impression of me, both good and bad...not sure how to think or feel. Kinda accurate, I think? But I never knew I was so transparent. Also, I've had some good news over the weekend, was reflecting on it all in church today- my family, my friends, my direction in life- I feel like a very very blessed and lucky girl indeed! 

Say hello to Mr Iceman HJ and I built in the lab.

*atm*

No comments: