Monday, March 10, 2014

First Hike in HK



Dear jumjum...

  On Sunday morning I followed a bunch of Malaysians to hike the High Junk Peak in Clearwater Bay (around 15 mins from campus). I must admit that  after quitting Danso, I have adopted a very sedentary lifestyle this term, so I thought it'd be beneficial and fun to enjoy the great outdoors for a bit. It was nice weather for hiking (no rain for once!) but it did rain the night before so the ground was muddy and slippery, and of course I was the first one to fall! No injuries but I had mud all over my pants, my sweater and my chin!






   


 The thing is, Patricia brought me for my first soccer practice on Friday night, and I was the puffing old woman on the field. My thighs were still sore on Sunday, so I was easily tired out even though it was a fairly simple hike. The hiking terrain isn't very different from Malaysia, except that instead of more mountains and trees, you can also see the concrete jungle. Most people we met while hiking were senior citizens, all equipped with portable radios, multipocket vests and walking sticks. I only wish I would still be as fit as them when I am their age!



 After the hike we went to a nearby village to check out the seafood, but the prices forced us to turn back... The village was a very different side of HK that I never expected, though.




*atm*

No comments: