Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sick & Satays

Dear jumjum...

  It's the sick season- every lecture is filled with coughs and sniffles. Last weekend I had planned to stay in and catch up on my studying but my initial sore throat had escalated into a fever and then flu. My weekend was wasted in bed =S How I wished Mummy could fly over to baby me! Mika was really nice, checking up on me all the time and offered me food, meds and even went to TST to pick up the satay for me for the hall dinner!

  Finally gave in and went to see the doctor on Monday:


How I went to church.

  Oh yes my poor roommate came back untimely on Sunday night and had to put up with my snorting and coughing fits all night long and now she's sick too...


  Last week I discovered a microwave Minute Muffin recipe on BlogilatesTV and decided to try it out: oats, honey, an egg and blueberries. It's not too bad for such a simple recipe. When my friends found out they wanted to try too so we had a mini muffin party in the common room.

HJ's weird one...



  Hall XIII and IX organised an International Cultural Dinner for two nights. I volunteered to represent Malaysia. The easiest dish to serve? Satay! Went to TST with my friends two weeks ago just to sample the satay from a popular Malaysian restaurant. It didn't taste very authentic but it was not bad. Ordered 50 chicken and 50 beef satays for each night and they were all finished rather quickly! =D 

  There were Patricia and her Netherlands mini pancakes, liqourice and cookies; HJ and her Korean rice cakes; Rika and Japanese omelettes; Indonesian, Indian, Mexican, French, HK, and Canadian booths. Reeked of satay by the end of the night but I had quite a lot of fun and most importantly free food for two nights!!




*atm*

No comments: