Friday, October 4, 2013

I Dids Its!

Dear jumjum...

  Feeling pretty stressed out lately, but midterms are coming and I know for a fact now that many other people are feeling it too, so....

  Anyway, our school is having a blood donation drive now. I've always wanted to donate blood cause I think it's so cool that you give a part of yourself to save another. Was planning to do it after A Levels but it never worked out so I made sure I went this time! 

  I should mention that I have zero pain tolerance, and the thought of a needle entering the skin and into a blood vessel makes me cringe. A few years ago, my dad took a video of his own blood test and made me watch it "to show me that it's nothing" but I suspect he just wanted to freak me out! The last (and only) time I went for a blood test, I was squeezing V's hand and tearing up. But I was a brave girl today! Went alone, although I wished V or Suki was there for me to squeeze. I had to psych myself up though, by telling myself it'll be the same as pricking my fingers doing needle felting (which I just realised I have never blogged about) 

  It wasn't that bad! I wasn't looking when she pricked me, though. Had a numb-ish feeling too but that was it. I felt fine after so I didn't wait for a full 15 minutes to rest because I had to rush to class and was right as rain throughout the day, but right now I'm starting to feel light headed so I think I'm gonna hit the sack. Probably wasn't a good idea to donate a day before our fitness test...

*atm*

No comments: