Friday, July 15, 2016

Dream log

Dear jumjum...

Last night, I had a dream that is definitely one of my weirdest, and most vivid. Here's what I remember from it:

First, I was in my experimental lab, being scolded severely by my supervisor for screwing up. (The past experiments have not been running smoothly, and although all my past and present supervisors seem to have saintly patience, I am terrified of getting yelled at) I was trying to calm down, warning myself repeatedly that I simply cannot cry!

The next thing I know, we were running. And by we, I mean me and the children. It was like a scene out of any one of the Mysterious Benedict Society books, where they're usually running in a complex from other children, Mr Curtain's minions. Although it felt like they could do us serious harm, I knew that I would not really die, you know? Like in any kid's movie: when they're in danger, you feel the suspense; but really, you know they'll be OK. It was like that, except I was among them too.

We were running down stairwells and dragging the smallest kids along. At one point I was crouching behind a line of chairs trying to let the kids crouching in front of the chairs know that they shouldn't worry, we were behind them (what logic?!) And the bad kids came into the room and shot them. With some laser beam guns. I wasn't upset at all, it was more like, oh well, let's go look for other children then.

The next scene I remember is when the authorities had arrived. And we were still chilling out at the crime scene like it was Gerko on a Saturday. There were huge packs of minced meat in plastic seal bags, and my senior told me that I need to help identify the bodies. =O I wasn't even freaked out, just annoyed that I had work to do. Somehow, I magically knew whose meat each bag contained. One of them was a large rectangular pack with a rice + beans layer. I turned to my friends behind me and went, "Oh, do you guys know who had Mexican for lunch?" And THAT'S how we identified that body.

And do you know who had Mexican takeout for lunch in real life yesterday? 

ME.




*atm*

No comments: