Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Quarantine in Hilton Kuching (Part I)

Dear jumjum...

When we arrived at the Hilton hotel we were ushered into a room to fill out forms, and the whole setting was very classroom-sy. I think most of us were actually students but even the mid-40s guys started calling the person in charge "Cikgu! (teacher!)" for help on the form, "Cikgu" went along with our antics and it was hilarious. After some processing time, we were finally given keys and told to go up to our rooms.


Last steps of freedom.


I have just completed Day 4 out of 14, so far so good! I think it helps a lot that I have ample space and I can see people going about their day outside my huge windows- it makes me feel less of a prisoner. I'm also trying to stick to a schedule and I have a list of tasks to keep me busy each day on top of work. Saying the rosary and meditating immediately after waking up are habits that I developed since the beginning of the year, the latter especially to cope with feeling overwhelmed and stressed. I'm finally trying out yoga using the spare towel laid out on the carpeted floor.








Task tracking on Notion



The one thing I brought to brighten up my room- fairy lights!


The food here is basic but very Malaysian, which I definitely miss. Here is a photo dump from the past 3 days!

Day 2

Day 3

  

Day 4

 


I have been absolutely spoiled these few days! My parents have been sending me daily care packages and even parked across the road to wave at me through the windows. Quarantining in your hometown has got to be the best thing because you can look forward to packages from your family! One thing I wish I had in this room is a mini fridge, because mum likes to send me tons of cut fruit in one go and when I can't finish it, I crank up the A/C to keep my fruits cold, then hide under the covers!

                              


Cream puffs from my cousin Meg

Homemade taro buns from my Aunt Molly

*atm*








No comments: