Sunday, May 18, 2014

Virgin Clubbing Night

Dear jumjum...

  Patricia has been trying to get me to go clubbing with her since last semester, and I kept promising her but never actually going. Since I will be downgraded to  Hall V next year (Shared stall bathrooms! I can't go to bed without showering and no way I'm showering in Hall V at 4am), and since Patricia won't be here during the summer, I finally gave in when she said we should let off some steam a week before finals. Also, part of the reason why I yielded was because Chris was giving me an earful when I was back in Kuching for not doing any fun uni stuff. =/

  I spent the whole day in the library, going back to the hall around 11pm with my books and all, then coming out again half an hour later in a dress and with makeup on =) aaaaand I bumped into a couple of Malaysians in the lobby. 我的好名声毁了! They looked, err, very shocked and disbelieving. 



  There were 5 of us girls, we shared a cab to Lan Kwai Fong. It was....an eye opening experience. I had only ever been to bars and pubs, to play pool with dad, but never to a club. Also, I don't drink, save the occasional festive wine and shandy. My friend and I had agreed that we will stay sober and keep an eye on the rest. It was Ladies' Night we could drink for free (yes I can be very kiam ji sometimes). I only had one shot and one and a half glasses of flavoured vodka but I realised I was starting to spill my drink slightly so I stopped. In hindsight, I don't think I was drunk, probably just a bit disorientated from the music and the strobe lights. I really did enjoy dancing with the girls, but not the male attention. Especially as it got later and everyone became less inhibited...and came closer. Some random dude came up and held my hand and I sort of decided that was it, and stood in the corner for the rest of the night, joined by my other sober friend. And we were discussing whether or not we were drunk LOL.


Sober friend and I's 'drunk test' shot! Supposed to examine it the next day to determine if we were indeed drunk.

  I...don't know how much the girls would let me say about that night. But rest assured that nothing really wild happened, and my friend and I managed to rally the girls out and into a cab at 3am sharp. 

  I think...I won't go again. Not to Lan Kwai Fong anyway, unless I was with my brother or cousin or bf (someday??). But then I was video calling Freddy the next day and telling her all about it and she said she really wants to go there when she visits. So. We'll see. I haven't had the guts to tell my parents yet...I don't think they'll mind but it's hard to explain to them why I went a week before finals...heh heh. So if you're reading this, sorry Dad! xD

*atm*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, Jacq. From the look on your faces, you and friend weren't drunk.
Cheers.